Return to Work Program
Back to work. Happy and healthy.
A successful return-to-work program benefits both employers and workers. Workers benefit because when return is delayed, workers can lose more than earnings: skills may deteriorate; the job may be filled by a replacement; and future employers may view the worker as a less valuable employee. Employers benefit from a speedy return to work through lower costs and less disruption of the work force.
First MCO case managers will design a customized plan to provide the injured employee with the proper medical attention so that the individual can return to productive employment in a timely manner.
First MCO Advantage:
- Direct injured worker to a physician familiar with workers’ compensation and the need for early return to work.
- Immediately implement a return-to-work plan with the treating physician from the very first appointment
- Case manager advises employer on worker’s capabilities for modified duty
- Set-up Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Continual communication with the worker, employer, medical provider and adjuster to ensure that medical treatment is moving as quickly and efficiently as possible